- For waxing, hair needs to be ¼" long (typically 2-3 weeks of growth)
- For sugaring, hair needs to be 1/16" long (typically 3-5 days of growth)
- Please, no shaving in between appointments
- Avoid sun exposure 24 hours prior to, and post, your appointment
- If very sensitive, take an Advil or Aleve at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment, any pain reliever/anti-inflammatory of your choice is a okay.
- For ladies, please keep in mind we are more sensitive the week before our cycle. Still come in, we're not shy and you need not be either.
- Let us know if you have been on any skin medications that could affect your waxing service. These include but are not limited to Accutane, Alpha or Beta Hydroxy Acids (glycolic, salicylic etc..), Antibiotics, Benzoyl Peroxide, Differin, Retin-A/Retinol or any other skin thinning medication.
- If using any retinoids or other exfoliants stop one week prior to your facial waxing appointment.
- Gently exfoliate and hydrate your skin prior to your appointment. Treat your skin well! Especially after sugaring! Results are always much better when the skin has been gently exfoliated and hydrated prior to a sugaring appointment.
- Any allergies? Let us know.
- Any sensitivities? Any shyness? Again, let us know! We're here to make you feel welcome and comfortable. That's a promise.
- Please note that waxing can have certain side effects such as skin removal, redness, swelling, tenderness, etc.
24-48 Hours After Care
- Don't take a hot bath (shower is OK).
- No tanning beds, saunas or steam rooms.
- Use a cold compress to soothe the area.
- Sexual activity should be avoided. Friction on the skin can cause it to become inflamed.
- Don't use products with harsh chemicals, perfumes, or dyes.
- Apply only gentle moisturizers.
- Keep hands away from touching freshly waxed skin, as this can encourage irritation or small pimples.
- Avoid using a bar soap; it leaves a film on the body that could cause ingrown hairs.
- Use tea tree, lavender oil, antibiotic ointment or hydrocortisone cream.
- Wear loose cotton undies.
48+ Hours After Care
- Use an acne medication or AHA lotion.
- Try to gently tweeze out ingrown hairs.